A standard school zone flashing beacon system includes poles, flashing beacon(s) in housing heads (polycarbonate or aluminum) with visors and an electronics cabinet with a time clock, flasher and pre-assembled wiring for easy installation.
- AC or DC solar powered
- System flexibility: Tailored to meet requirements
- Programmable flashing with ELTEC time clock
- 8” or 12” LED Signal Heads: no price difference
- AC: optional battery back-up
- Meets MUTCD specifications and ITE Standards
When AC power is not available or practical, solar power is the solution. ELTEC’s solar powered School Zone uses high efficient solar panels that come with a 20 year warranty. Each system is sized for geographical location and electrical load for optimal effectiveness guaranteeing sufficient power for the flashing beacons—the light intensity never fades! Below are additional features for (DC) solar units.
- Self Contained
- Top or Side-of-Pole Mounting Rack
- No Power Interruption
- No Trenching or Boring for Cable
- No Electrical Bills
- Solid State FS-Flasher
- Maintenance Free AGM battery: 5 year pro-rated warranty
- Electrical Contractors Not Required for Installation
- Solar Charge Controller with LCD Display showing Battery Voltage, Charge Current, and Load Current
- High Efficiency Self Cleaning Solar Modules: 20 Year Warranty
- Sized by Computer Program: ensures power-generated meets/exceeds load requirements. ELTEC supplies a solar analysis report at no cost
- Signal Light Intensity is NOT Reduced as a Function of Battery Voltage during Long Operating Time. Beacons Stay Bright and Effective!
- Flash Rate is Constant at Selected Rate: does NOT vary as a function of battery voltage