Safety and Security at the VA Health Administration a division of the US Department of Veterans Affairs!
National Safety Systems (NSS) a division of Transportation Solutions & Lighting (TSL) announces today that is has partnered with Overton Brooks Veterans Administration (VA) Medical Center in Shreveport, Louisiana to supply, support and integrate Knightscope K1 blue light towers throughout their medical facility.
- Violence is much more common in healthcare than in other industries. Individuals other than patients who may cause violence in healthcare settings include family members of patients and other visitors, employees, and criminals. Generally speaking, people in healthcare facilities are not at their best, and violence can occur more easily as a result of various stressors coming together in one place. Avoiding violent situations at work is ideal, but in healthcare settings, this isn’t always easy. Health care centers need to place safety and security as a priority when it comes to protecting their health care staff, patients and others in the surrounding area as their facilities are open 24/7.
- The Veterans Health Administration is America’s largest integrated health care system, providing care at 1,298 health care facilities, including 171 medical centers and 1,113 outpatient sites of care of varying complexity (VHA outpatient clinics), serving 9 million enrolled Veterans each year. The VA Shreveport Healthcare System is one of the leading health care systems serving Veterans in the South Central VA Health Care Network. Every year, Overton Brooks VA serve more than 37,000 Veterans and complete more than 462,000 outpatient visits
- K1 Nightscope’s blue light tower’s, sophisticated and vigorous communication system will offer security to all individuals at Overton Brooks VA medical facility. The blue light towers allow for one-touch reporting of incidents that notifies police and emergency officials immediately. NSS’s operations manager Kortney Bacchus comments, “We are overly proud as a company to have been selected to be a part of this project to contribute in protecting our nations veteran’s and families. The heroes of our country deserve to feel safe as they have made us feel safe while putting their lives on the line for the people of our country.” Kortney adds, “ Knightscope’s K1 blue light towers will now be a lifeline to security for individuals in the area that are experiencing an emergency situation.”
- About Knightscope
- Knightscope is an advanced security technology company based in Silicon Valley that builds fully autonomous security robots that deter, detect and report. Knightscope’s long-term ambition is to make the United States of America the safest country in the world. Learn more about the Company at www.knightscope.com. Follow Knightscope on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- NSS/TS&L believes that technology can provide security to our very important health care systems. Our technology can allow for better coverage, better access, and better cost control in maintaining safety at medical facilities. TS&L's mission is to provide the highest level of quality and service to their customers, in a sustainable and environmentally beneficial way. NSS/TSL believes in outstanding customer service, innovative products from reputable manufactures, strong customer relations based on trust, and complete satisfaction guaranteed. Hospitals and medical facilities are encouraged to reach out to NSS/ TSL to assist them in implementing security solutions and plans. For more information or to request an onsite demonstration, please see their Safety and Emergency or contact email@example.com.